Sunday 14 September 2008

Phoenix to Filthy's...

Yesterday was a great day in Canberra. It's been a long time between sunny days (both in reality and "in my head"), so I somehow got up early and decided I wanted to see Filthy McFadden’s Irish Pub in Kingston. I picked up my camera, and started walking there (I don't drink and drive, so if I go somewhere to have a drink, I don't take the car). I started at the Phoenix (which I think is still the best place to have a drink in Canberra). And as another connection, Phoenix and Filthy's are owned by the same guy. Here's a whole swag of photos:
Phoenix Bar in the Sydney BuildingPhoenix Bar in the Sydney Building


Front of Phoenix BarFront of Phoenix Bar




front of parliament houseParliament House


flag of australia on top of parliament houseTop of Parliament House - Flag of Australia


ric_man on top of parliament houseric_man on top of Parliament House


magna carta in parliament houseMagna Carta in Parliament House


house of representatives in parliament houseHouse of Representatives in Parliament House


senate in parliament houseSenate in Parliament House


some random building in barton, actSome random building in Barton, ACT

Now, I was supposed to catch up with Jarvo at Filthy's for a drink, but he dragged his heels all day. I did later catch up with him, but it was more like 1am - therefore I don't have any photos of Filthy's. I'll have to go back to take some. I did get a stupid photo of my knee while I was waiting for my lunch in Kingston in some sushi place.
ric_man's knee

No comments:

Post a Comment