Monday 26 November 2007

Down in Melbourne for the weekend (again)...

Back down in Melbourne for the weekend again to watch the Melbourne Victory play Wellington Phoenix. It was a bit upsetting that the captain - Kevin Muscat got sent off on red after about half an hour. But like the past few matches, it appears the Victory needed to loose a player to start playing properly. They scored first with a fantastic assist from Archie Thompson to Danny Allsopp, but it didn't end there - like I would have hoped. Wellington answered in the second half with their own goal, which meant the game ended with a 1-1 draw.

I don't know what the Victory need to do to get off the lower half of the ladder - with the obvious exception of starting to win games. They're not playing like they were last year. I think in a way, this was an indication of how much Fred was to their midfield. I know there are people out there who will say Fred didn't do anything for the first half of the season, and I would agree with that, but once Fred got into his rhythm, he was feeding the other players as well as creating gaps in defense.

Once again, my wife and I went out for dinner afterwards. This time it was to another French restaurant called Paris Go. Food was great, and the prices were more reasonable than the other French restaurant I went to a fortnight ago. I would definitely go back, as well as to the other. Awesome steak tartare!

No comments:

Post a Comment