Wednesday 21 November 2007

1st month in Canberra gone... time to go to work.

I've been in Canberra for one month now, and it's been OK so far. Not as good as Melbourne, but then again, Melbourne is home.

I think it is time I get down to work. I am working at the moment, but I am not working on my side Open Source projects. Now that I've settled into the place I am staying, I need to start coding up a car ordering system for a car dealer. I've seen what systems are being used at the moment, and I think I can make one that's easier to use for the car dealers.

My idea will be that it is written in PHP, and talk via Apache to a MySQL database. I'm running Gentoo Linux on my PC, so it's going to be developed on a LAMP platform, but hopefully it will be portable enough to run on WAMP if necessary.

I'll update people through this blog on the progress. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment