Saturday 12 February 2011

Rondo's Low shoe

In yet another variation of a player exclusive shoe, Nike have released the Nike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rajon Rondo. If you have read my blog over the past several months, you already know I a few other variations of this shoe being:
I am going to assume that this low collar shoe is going to be similar to the other ones I have. I have not worn them, as I already have another pair of Hyperfuses that I am wearing (being the 2010 NBA Finals ones).

I have spoken to a few other people on the internet who have commented on the general Hyperfuse line. I have not heard a bad comment about them yet, although many of them share the same view as I do - that the shoe is very light, responsive, and tight, but not too tight. On youtube, I found a video where Jefferrrson has said he does not like the shoes flex (it's around 5:20 on his video). He would suggest to Nike to insert a carbon fibre shank in the shoe (see the shoe terminology page for what a shank is), but I have no problem with the way the shoe feels, flexes, or handles. I am much in favour for a shoe that moves with the foot, as opposed to moving against the foot. The legs muscles can provide the stability required, and the angle of the foot can provide the cushioning. I do not use it much for basketball, but I do use it for other hard court sports.

The price of the shoe is one of its biggest advantages - especially if you are purchasing it at around the $100 mark. While not as cheap as some other shoes on the market (and I am thinking of the Dunlop Volleys in this instance - being around the $20 mark), I do believe they are an affordable midpoint in sneakers, especially when you compare it to the fact that new Nike Air Force 1s retail around the $160 mark, and new Air Jordans can go for around $260. From memory, these shoes (the Hyperfuse) retail for around the $150 mark - but as mentioned previously, you can always find them cheaper on-line.

In the following images below, I have tried to capture different angles of the shoe, as well as comparing them to the other models I also have:

Nike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PE

The following images are the Hyperfuse Rondo Lows in comparison to the original shoe Rondo wore during the NBA 2010 Finals (without the "9" on the collar):

Nike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PE

The following images are the Hyperfuse Rondo Lows in comparison to the first true player exclusive shoe to be branded with Rondo's "9":

Nike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PE

The following images are the three Hyperfuses side by side:

Nike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PENike Zoom Hyperfuse Low Rondo PE

In the past, the two high-top Hyperfuses were sent to me by the guys at crazyforsneaker, but the low-top Hyperfuses were purchased from Footlocker's unofficial House Of Hoops on Swanston Street, Melbourne City. They are in limited supply (being Australia, but it may not be the case in the US or other countries), and I was lucky enough to be visiting the day they had more.

Lastly, and in a separate mention from this article, I would like to mention the fact that Ray Allen of the Boston Celtics has surpassed the record of the most 3 point shots made, while during a game with the Lakers yesterday, he shot his 2561st 3 point basket. Well done to Ray (team mate of Rajon Rondo), and I hope he extends the record in the next few years to come.
GO CELTICS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment