Thursday 17 February 2011

Adidas Woody Toy Story toddler boots

In this case, I did not buy shoes for myself or for Kitty Kat. I bought them for someone who may be joining us in the future. The shoes I am talking about in this case are the Adidas Infant Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - Woody.

These shoes serve to do nothing else than to reinforce brand recognition in children. If you think about it seriously, children do not care what brand labels they wear (possibly up until the age of around 5 or 6, but it could be earlier). The only reason children care is due to their parents, and the others they socialize with. They do not care that they wear clothes from certain manufacturers until they are informed of the differences between brands. Once they reach the playground at school, they may get teased by other children for not wearing the right type of clothing or shoes. They may get bullied for wearing the wrong item.

What is the fuel for this? The parents or the role models. They are the ones buying the children the items, in an attempt to distinguish them from others. I guess this is a reflection of human nature, and why capitalism triumphed over communism. People will always want to have more than their neighbor. It fuels a materialistic view. Annie Leonard mentions this type of mentality in The Story of Stuff. A part of her presentation displays that people are bombarded with advertising to make them feel like they are missing out on things, and then people get onto a vicious cycle to continually accumulate "stuff". She makes sense!

Going back to the main topic of this post, the target audience for the shoe is a toddler's parents. As mentioned previously, this is to reinforce brand recognition, as well as additionally to make the parents happy. The recipient may one day associate Adidas with a childhood memory, and then go out to buy more Adidas products. The "fun" aspect is reinforced with the references to Woody from the Toy Story movie. It plays on the emotions of the buyer, it is sneaky, and I can say that in this case at least, it worked.

I cannot comment on the shoe's comfort or fit, but I can offer images of the shoe:

Adidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - WoodyAdidas Disney Vulkid Mid CF I - Woody

These toddler boots were purchased at the Adidas Factory Outlet, on Smith Street, Collingwood, in Victoria, Australia. The price was further discounted due to signing up for the Adidas mailing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment