I have recently purchased the Playoff model from crazyforsneaker.com, and have worn them for the last 4 days. The reason I purchased them off the internet is that the shoe is not due in Australia until just before Christmas this year, or early 2011. Just as a side note, the guys from crazyforsneaker.com provide quick service and shipping. They do their best to be competitive in price.
This is what they look like:
Pros for the Hyperfuse:
- Snug fitting shoe.
- Very light.
- Breathable - your foot is well ventilated and you do not get sweat build up as much as other shoes.
- Seamless - no seams that will dig into your foot due to the snug fit. The whole upper of the shoe is one piece fused together.
- Extra sole area on the outside of shoe adds to the stability of the shoe.
- Very responsive shoe - when laced up correctly, there is very little movement, which means that all your foot's movements are translated into shoe movements (think of this as a stiffer version of a Nike Free running shoe).
- The snug fit may be too tight for some people - if this is the case, order the shoe a half to a full size bigger if you cannot get into a store to try them on.
- When laced to the top eyelet, the cuff (although padded) does dig into your ankle / calves - but I believe this will diminish with time. If it is too uncomfortable, then just lace them one eyelet less.
- The heel does not have the same cushioning as the forefoot - they do not feel as floaty to walk in as Nike Hyperizes (I believe this is due to the use of Lunar foam - and that the floaty sensation fades over time). This may lead to lack of impact protection when landing on your heel in comparison to other basketball shoes.