Monday 5 April 2010

Urban Legends fueled by the National Zoo

As mentioned in my previous post, I visited the National Zoo and Aquarium in Canberra. They seem to be attempting to advocate urban legends. One I read was in the aquarium section, stating that the Great Barrier Reef is an object on the earth that can be seen from the moon - just like the Great Wall of China. While I think it may be possible to see the reef from the moon, it is not possible to see the Great Wall from the moon.

One, that I am open minded to, is that the National Zoo was the inspiration of Tux. Look for the following sign, near the little penguin enclosure:
National Zoo sign about TuxI do not know how much truth is actually involved with this claim, but it makes a interesting reason to visit the National Zoo, as the Aquarium was somewhat disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment