Monday 17 March 2008

My kind of food around Canberra...

I've previously written (twice) about steak tartare before - well mentioned it slightly. I recently went to Kingsley's Steak and Crabhouse, and after several visits and some feedback, they took on the feedback, and presented me with a really good steak tartare. I enjoyed it so much, I went back and took a photo of another one before I consumed it:
Steak tartare at Kingsley'sThe raw egg really combines well with the sauce, the meat and the other ingredients to make it a very flavoursome and well textured meal. I do suggest you try it, as it's NOT JUST RAW MEAT.

I was hoping to pop over to Koko Black, which is next door to Kingsley's, but unfortunately it was closed. If you haven't tried Koko Black's chocolate, then you must. It's Belgian chocolate which is made in store. And it's delicious! I can't show you any pictures of their products (smeared all over my overweight face!), but I can show you the store:Koko Black SignKoko Black loungeKoko Black Easter Window DisplayLastly, I have to make mention of the guys that keep me fed (usually 2 - 4 times a week) - Turkish Pide House Restaurant (the link is not their site - I can't seem to find their site at the moment - also the link points to their Woden restaurant, I visit their Civic location). Great value Turkish style BBQ (Grill) meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment