Sunday 27 January 2008

Linux Format UK collection

I was at home in Melbourne last weekend and remembered I took a photo of my LinuxFormat UK magazine collection. Here's the photo:

Linux Format UK collection
From my calculations, I've got 61 editions at the time of writing (starting at #39). Therefore, I've been collecting this magazine for the past 4½ years.

In that time, not only has the magazine changed, but so has Linux and Open Source in general. The magazine used to come with a supplement known as "Linux Pro". It talked about very business-oriented content and topics. Some were some discussions, and some were tutorials. Linux has moved from the 2.4 kernel to the 2.6 kernel.

The magazine comes in two formats - a CD version and a DVD version. And it's always a great read. The only thing frustrating about this magazine is that since Open Source moves so fast, what the magazine discusses in some articles may already me 6 to 8 weeks old after all the announcements are made on the web.

Still a great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment