Monday 4 July 2011

Jay gets older, Win Scripting is poor, and NBA is out

I have not got much to report at the moment. It has been a while since my last post, and while I am busy, I am effectively news-less.

What I can say is that my bro Jay is another year older. Happy Birthday to him.

I have also been doing quite a bit of Windows scripting in my current role to get application servers installed onto Microsoft Windows servers. While this does not sound like a difficult task, being exposed to other forms of scripting has essentially spoiled me. I much prefer the scripting on a UNIX / Linux system. It allows for better handling of different conditions - for example, checking to see files or directories exist, and acting appropriately afterwards. This experience only inspires me more to write more in my series on how to script on this blog.

Lastly, if you have not heard, the NBA is under a player lockout as they have not come to an agreement with the player's association for the "working conditions" for the players. The NBA wanted to introduce a new range of conditions that effectively means they can cut down on the amount of money that goes to the players. I have a mixed mind on this matter. I know at the end of the day, these players earn millions of dollars in today's modern game, and effectively we (the fans) are paying them to distract us from our day to day troubles, but I also understand that to a lot of these players, all they have is sports, and if you take that away from them, they will have little else.

If I think of anything else, I will be sure to jot it down here...

No comments:

Post a Comment