Wednesday 23 April 2003

You just can't help people who don't want to be helped...

I just don't get it sometimes. Even though there are better solutions out there, some people are real creatures of habit. They will insist on doing it their way and that their way is the ONLY way to do things correctly.

I guess that's why the majority of people are happy staying with what they know, instead of looking at something else that may better serve them. I have never found the transition to alternate operating systems an easy one (well, not until recently). Manually configuring the options of an operating system, especially from a text based install, has always given me anxiety, but the old saying does hold true - "If you never give it a go, then you'll never find out".

Saying all that, I don't think that alternate operating systems are for everyone. Some don't meet all my needs, but I like to keep an open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment